WHAT A GAY DAY….

I have this last week witnessed, an event, which I can only describe as being ‘surreal’ in nature, and would have been unimaginable had it occurred only a few short years ago.

An article I published a few days ago, BOVVERED has been reported to the police by someone with far too much time on their hands, for containing content they believed was ‘Homophobic’ and therefore should be viewed as being both ‘Inflammatory’ and likely to cause offence.

The content in question was the name ‘GAYLORD’, which was the moniker given to a character portrayed by the late comic actor Dick Emery, which I referred to in the article.

*GAYLORD ga(y)-lo-rd as a boy’s name is of Old French origin, and the meaning of Gaylord is “lively, high-spirited”. The name Gaylord has seven variant forms: Gaillard, Gallard, Galliard, Gay, Gayelord, Gayler, Gaylor and of course GAYLORD.*

That got me thinking; maybe I too, should feel offended by, and begin reporting to the police other common English words, names and phrases, that could be viewed in a similar manner.

I could even travel down to the west end end of London, and stage a sit-down demonstration at one of the capital’s oldest and most elegant Indian restaurants, GAYLORD LONDON (est: 1966), demanding that they immediately change their name or cease trading at once, or I will refuse to leave.

I could then launch a mass e-mail writing campaign, even adding an online petition in order to reinforce my demand that any similar-sounding, thus clearly offensive names be either changed or prevented from ever being transmitted or published in the media and on the Internet.

It could mean however, that athletes such as Tyson Gay, the second fastest sprinter ever after Usain Bolt, would then have to join Irish broadcaster Gay Byrne, Author Gay Hendricks, Australian singer Gay Kayler and British Horticulturist Gay Search, as having offensive names that should be only referred to forever more as the ‘G’ word.

But no matter, my sensibilities and delicate nature are far more important.

*Gay (Gaye) is a female or male given name (795th (“Gay”) and 1295th (“Gaye”) most common female name in the United States, according to the 1990 U.S. census. It can also be used as a short form of the female names Gaynell and Gaynor and as a short form of the male names Gaylen and of course GAYLORD. The writer Gay Talese’s name incidentally, is derived from Gaetano, his grandfather’s name.*

Should it prove a success, other names could be added to the list which could also then be classified as being Offensive, Racist or Homophobic.

Just imagine the possibilities ?

Middle-aged, man-bag carrying and balding men suffering from erectile disfunction, running shrieking in horror to their local police station, demanding the use of the name ‘Everard’ be outlawed with immediate effect.

Which would mean that Railway Engineer Everard Calthrop, Major General Mathias Everard, Actress Harriet Everard and a medieval Norwich Bishop, would be struck from historical records and cast into the liberal wilderness of all offensive and Non Politically-Acceptable Words, like a discarded, once-fashionable item of hideous clothing.

WIKIPEDIA – EVERARD

Of course I would not even consider doing any of the above in reality, and thankfully such behaviour remains the domain of only a few bitter, small-minded, mentally stunted and spiteful people.

I passionately believe in freedom of speech and expression, transparency and honesty and will fight against the censure of the truth in any form.

I also believe, that as a society, we would suffer greatly from the enforced loss of any part of the English language.

8 Responses to WHAT A GAY DAY….

1. Jane says:

The Police must despair sometimes. I think they should be able to issue some kind of notice to persistent time wasters & if they keep bleating on like wet little ninnies about every little thing, stick a community service order on them. Each time these obnoxious little bleaters make a false statement to the police or keep their phone lines busy with their constant whinging, a genuine call is being held up & a genuine person left hanging whilst the whiners whine on. If they are claiming benefits, maybe their benefits should be stopped until they have paid back the amount wasted in police time and resources.

What is it about these people that make them believe the Police have got time to waste on such pathetic pests?

“Emery’s humour is still admired by comic actors such as Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse. His influence can be seen in “The Lovely Wobbly Randy Old Ladies” played by Kathy Burke and Harry Enfield, with their catch phrase “Ooh, young man!”, and in the performances of David Walliams and Matt Lucas in Little Britain, and furthermore the “Elegant tramp” bears a strong resemblance to “Sir Digby Chicken Caesar” of Mitchell and Webb.” SOURCE: WIKI Dick Emery

I imagine he would find it both flattering and humorous. If this country was really as homophobic as it’s always made out to be, how come so many gay icons have done so well for themselves – such as all those we grew up watching on TV?

2. rainbowsophie says:

Oh FFS – is that for real ? someone actually bothered to make a police complaint !!! Good god, and nicely rejoindered JJ. All the gay people I know would find that sort of pointless effort positively laughable.

3. OldGit says:

I knew someone with the surname Gay over 45 years ago.The word was only just coming into usage for homosexuals & was said,by them,to mean “good as you”.Incidentally,he told me that his family was of Welsh origin.Not sure if the surname was.Can’t ever ecall hearing it since.Ho hum- now some links:-

2 ARTICLES ON A PRIVATELY RUN HOSPITAL.SEEMS THAT IT’S RUN BY SOME SORT OF MEDICAL WORKERS COLLECTIVE.SO,FIRST,FOR MANY YEARS YOU APPOINT USELESS “MANAGERS”,THEN,WHEN THE OUTCRY GETS TOO LOUD,IN COME THE PRIVATISATION MOB.

DAILYMAIL

DAILYMAIL/1

THE 4th COMMENT BY A ROBERT SELLINGER TELLS YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.

WAKEUPAMARICANS

A FEW WEEKS BACK YOU HAD A HOLOHOAX POST & I POSTED ABOUT WHY THE JEWS ARE SO SET UPON THEIR 6 MILLION FIGURE OF WW 2.I SAID AT HE TIME OF HOW SUPERSTITIOUS THEY REALLY ARE.NOW READ THIS:-

FAILEDMESSIAH.COM

4. Jane says:

I can imagine if Emery was still around, he might do such sketches as a gormless plankton brained half wit who spends his time stalking the biggest Private Investigation firm in the South East. Bit far fetched maybe? Don’t think there is a creature on earth brain dead enough to do that is there? Or is there? Tooooo funny!! 😀

5. OldGit says:

Well,here’s what you’re up against:-(& this comes vie “truthseeker.co.uk”
    “Patriot Veteran Tony Blizzard wrote this article for “The Spotlight” twenty years ago. It is just as
    relevant today. – See more at:-

HENRYMAKOW.COM

And now back to the coming US Martial Law:-
    “Little has been said about the purpose of the detainment camps but when official comment has been made it has stated that the camps are for the temporary detainment of illegal immigrants.” Numerous links in the article.

BATR.ORG

And this is from 10 YEARS AGO!.:-

RENSE.COM

Health warning – not just for the US.Many links on page & in comments:-

BEFOREITSNEWS.COM

6. Rob says:

Hi Jimmy. I have been following this website for many months and have resisted commenting so far. I did not want to be attacked like I have seen with others who have shown support on Twitter and here. I have to say I very much admire your tenacity and your refusal to not back down under what must be immense pressure from certain people whose motives must now be obvious to everyone. The truth is very uncomfortable to those who have something to hide and it now looks as though you were right all along when you said that ‘too many people got too much to hide.’

Keep writing Jimmy as you certainly are banging on some doors and causing some very nasty people to panic enough to continually try and destroy your credibilty. To tell lies is easy. What you do is much harder and it has been noticed by people I talk to at least, that you are one of the very few whose story has remained consistent, believable and you have not changed like the weather to appear popular. Stay strong buddy. You may not see it at times but you have a lot of support out there and if you ever decide to put a donate button on here, I will definately make a contribution to help out in the only way I can.

My email address is included so if you ever want to contact me, please do so as I get the feeling that you are one who can be trusted 100%

Blessed Be

7. colin marshall says:

Just found you and it’s great, thank you for your touch of sanity.

I shall visit many times in the future, well done mate.